Effective as of January 11, 2021.
Table of Contents
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share your Personal Information
- Your Choices
- Other sites, mobile applications and services
- Security practices
- International data transfers
- How to Contact Us
- Your California Privacy Rights
Personal Information We Collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
Business and personal contact information, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title and company name.
- Content you choose to upload to the Service, such as text, images, audio, and video, along with the metadata associated with the files you upload.
- Profile information, such as your username and password that you may set to establish an online account with us, your photograph, interests, and preferences.
- Registration information, such as information that may be related to a service, an account or an event you register for.
- Feedback or correspondence, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise correspond with us online.
- Demographic Information, such as your city, state, country of residence, postal code, and age.
- Precise geolocation information, such as when you authorize our mobile application to access your location.
- Transaction information, such as information about payments to and from you and other details of products or services you have purchased from us.
- Usage information, such as information about how you use the Service and interact with us, including information associated with any content you upload to the websites or otherwise submit to us, and information you provide when you use any interactive features of the Service.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our activities, events, and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications
- Government Issued Identification Cards.
If you choose to login to the Service via a third-party platform or social media network, or otherwise connect your account on the third-party platform or network to your account through the Service, we may collect information from that platform or network. For example, this information may include your username, user ID, profile picture, cover photo, and networks to which you belong (e.g., school, workplace). You may also have the opportunity to provide us with additional information via the third-party platform or network, such as a list of your friends or connections and your email address. You can read more about your privacy choices in the “Third party platforms or social media networks” portion of the “Your Choices” section.
Information we obtain from other third parties. We may receive personal information about you from third-party sources. For example, a business partner may share your contact information with us if you have expressed interest in learning specifically about our products or services, or the types of products or services we offer. We may obtain your personal information from other third parties, such as marketing partners, publicly-available sources and data providers.
Cookies and Other Information Collected by Automated Means
We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and activity occurring on or through the Service, including but not limited, your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, device identifier (such as the Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising), browser type, screen resolution, IP address, the website you visited before browsing to our website, general location information such as city, state or geographic area; information about your use of and actions on the Service, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and length of access; and other personal information. Our service providers and business partners may collect this type of information over time and across third-party websites and mobile applications.
On our webpages, this information may be collected using one or more of the following: cookies, browser web storage (also known as locally stored objects, or “LSOs”), Flash-based LSOs (also known as “Flash cookies”), web beacons, and similar technologies, and our emails may also contain web beacons. In our mobile application, we may collect this information directly or through our use of third-party software development kits (“SDKs”). SDKs may enable third parties to collect information directly from our App.
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. Browser web storage, or LSOs, are used for similar purposes as cookies. Browser web storage enables the storage of a larger amount of data than cookies. A “web beacon,” also known as a pixel tag or clear GIF, is typically used to demonstrate that a webpage was accessed or that certain content was viewed, typically to measure the success of our marketing campaigns or engagement with our emails and to compile statistics about usage of our websites. A SDK is third-party computer code that we may incorporate into our mobile applications that may be used for a variety of purposes, including to provide us with analytics regarding the use of our mobile applications, to integrate with social media, add features or functionality to our app, or to facilitate online advertising.
We may also use Flash LSOs on our website to collect and store information about your use of our website. Unlike cookies, Flash LSOs cannot be removed or rejected via your browser settings. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer or mobile device, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions. Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of Flash applications that we may use in connection with our website.
Web browsers may offer users of our websites or mobile apps the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our websites may not function correctly. Please see the “Targeted online advertising” section for information about how to exercise choice regarding the use of browsing behavior for purposes of targeted advertising.
Users of the Service may have the opportunity to refer friends or other contacts to us. If you are an existing user, you may only submit a referral if you have permission to provide the referral’s contact information to us so that we may contact them.
How We Use Your Personal Information
To operate the Service. We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service
- provide information about our products and services
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Service
- verify your profile identity
- facilitate your to login to the Service via third-party identity and access management providers
- enable security features of the Service, such as by sending you security codes via email or SMS, and remembering devices from which you have previously logged in
- facilitate social features of the Service, such as by identifying and suggesting connections with other users of the Service and providing chat or messaging functionality
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending you announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages
- communicate with you about events or contests in which you participate
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications
- provide support and maintenance for the Service
- to respond to your requests, questions and feedback
For research and development. We analyze use of the Service to analyze and improve the Service and to develop new products and services, including by studying user demographics and use of the Service.
To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may send you Company-related marketing communications as permitted by law. You will have the ability to opt-out of our marketing and promotional communications as described in the Opt out of marketing section below.
To display advertisements. We will display advertisements on the Service or elsewhere online. These advertisements may be targeted based on your use of the Service or your activity elsewhere online. To learn more about your choices in connection with advertisements, please see the section below titled “Targeted online advertising.”
To comply with law. We use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
For compliance, fraud prevention, and safety. We may use your personal information and disclose it to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate to: (a) protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims); (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and (c) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
With your consent. In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
To create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data. We may create anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data from your personal information and other individuals whose personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous, aggregated or de-identified data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
How We Share your Personal Information
Payment processors. Any payment card information you use to make a purchase on the Service is collected and processed directly by our payment processors and we never physically receive or store your full payment card information. Our payment processors commits to complying with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) and using industry standard security and may use your Payment Information in accordance with their own privacy policies.
Third-party platforms and social media networks. If you have enabled features or functionality that connect the Service to a third-party platform or social media network (such as by logging in to the Service using your account with the third-party, providing your API key or similar access token for the Service to a third-party, or otherwise linking your account with the Service to a third-party’s services), we may disclose the personal information that you authorized us to share. We do not control the third party’s use of your personal information.
Other Users of the Service and the Public. We may provide functionality that enables you to disclose personal information to other users of the Service or the public. For instance, you may be able to maintain a user profile with information about yourself that you can make available to other users or the public. You may also be able to submit content to the Service (such as comments, reviews, surveys, blogs, photos, and videos), and we will display your name, username, and a link to your user profile along with the content you submit. We may make available settings during sign-up and through your Settings page that enable you to exercise choice regarding certain information that is displayed publicly or to other users. We do not control how other users or third parties use any personal information that you make available to such users or the public.
Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
For compliance, fraud prevention and safety. We may share your personal information for the compliance, fraud prevention and safety purposes described above.
Business transfers. We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of our business or assets, including your personal information, in connection with a business transaction (or potential business transaction) such as a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, or in the event of bankruptcy or dissolution.
In this section, we describe the rights and choices available to all users.
Access or Update Your Information. If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain personal information in your account profile by logging into the account.
Opt out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by contacting us at [email protected] You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
Privacy settings and location data. We make available certain privacy settings on the Service, including options for users to control their content made publicly accessible to all users of the Service, including the visibility of their profile image, name and interests/groups. In addition, users can control how their public location appears in the Services - either at an exact location level, neighborhood, city or county level. Users of our mobile application also have the choice whether to allow us to access your precise location data. Your device settings may provide the ability for you to revoke our ability to access location data.
Targeted online advertising. Some of the business partners that collect information about users’ activities on or through the Service may be members of organizations or programs that provide choices to individuals regarding the use of their browsing behavior or mobile application usage for purposes of targeted advertising.
Users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here. Users of our mobile applications may opt out of receiving targeted advertising in mobile apps through participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance by installing the AppChoices mobile app, available here, and selecting the user’s choices. Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked above.
In addition, your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit our, or our partners’, ability to engage in ad tracking or targeted advertising using the Google Advertising ID or Apple ID for Advertising associated with your mobile device.
If you choose to opt-out of targeted advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to opt out, not all companies that serve online behavioral advertising are included in this list, so you may still receive some cookies and tailored advertisements from companies that are not listed.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Choosing not to share your personal information. Where we are required by law to collect your personal information, or where we need your personal information in order to provide the Service to you, if you do not provide this information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with our services. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Service by designating it as required at the time of collection or through other appropriate means.
Third-party platforms or social media networks. If you choose to connect to the Service via a third-party platform or social media network, you may have the ability to limit the information that we may obtain from the third-party at the time you login to the Service using the third-party’s authentication service or otherwise connect your account. If you withdraw our ability to access certain information from a third-party platform or social media network, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third-party.
Other sites, mobile applications and services
The Service may contain links to other websites, mobile applications, and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites, mobile applications or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites, mobile applications and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites, mobile applications and online services you use.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ a number of organizational, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfers
We are headquartered in the United States and have service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, or country where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
As a general rule, children are not allowed to use the Service, and we do not collect personal information from them. We define "children" as anyone under 13 years old. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian, we will delete it. We encourage parents with concerns to contact us.
How to Contact Us
Please direct any questions or comments about this Policy or privacy practices to priva[email protected] . You may also write to us via postal mail at:
Attn: Legal – Privacy
GeoCloud Technologies, Inc.
58 West Portal Ave #547
San Francisco CA 94127-1304
Information for California Residents
This section applies only to California residents. It describes how we collect, use and share Personal Information of California residents in operating our business, and their rights with respect to that Personal Information. For purposes of this section, “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) but does not include information exempted from the scope of the CCPA.
Your California privacy rights. As a California resident, you have the rights listed below. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases we may decline your request as permitted by law.
- Information. You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months:
- The categories of Personal Information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information.
- Whether we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Whether we’ve sold your Personal Information, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Access. You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months.
- Deletion. You can ask us to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
- Opt-in. If we know that you are younger than 16 years old, we will ask for your permission (or if you are younger than 13 years old, your parent’s or guardian’s permission) to sell your Personal Information before we do so.
- Nondiscrimination. You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination in the form of legally prohibited increases in the price or decreases in the quality of our Service.
How to exercise your rights
You may exercise your California privacy rights described above as follows:
Right to information, access and deletion. You can request to exercise your information, access and deletion rights by emailing us at [email protected] or mailing us at 58 West Portal Ave #547 San Francisco CA 94127-1304
We reserve the right to confirm your California residence to process your requests and will need to confirm your identity to process your requests to exercise your information, access or deletion rights. As part of this process, government identification may be required. Consistent with California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government-issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government issued identification. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it.
Personal information that we collect, use and share
We are required to explain the categories of Personal Information we collect by reference to the categories specified by the CCPA (in bold), as defined here, which are described in the list below. For each category, we list the type of data we collect and the source of that data as described in the section above entitled “Personal Information We Collect.” We have not sold your personal information in the preceding 12 months.
- What we collect: Contact data, profile data
- Sources: You, business partners
- Commercial Information
- What we collect: Contact data, profile data, online activity data
- Sources: You, automatic collection
- Geolocation Data
- What we collect: Device data
- Sources: Automatic collection
- Online Identifiers
- What we collect: Contact data, profile data, online activity data, device data
- Sources: You, automatic collection
- Internet or Network Information
- What we collect: Device data, online activity data
- Sources: Automatic collection
- Inferences drawn from any of the above information to create a profile reflecting your preferences, characteristics, and behavior.
- May be derived from: Profile data, device data, online activity data
- Professional or Employment Information
- What we collect: Contact data, profile data, professional data
- Sources: You
- Protected Classification Characteristics, which we do not intentionally collect, but may be revealed in other data we collect.
The business/commercial purposes for which we use each category of Personal Information above are described in the section above entitled “How We Use Your Personal Information.” The categories of third parties to which we disclose each category of Personal Information above of Personal Information for business purposes are described in the section above entitled “How We Share Your Personal Information.”